Here’s the Top Ten things I learned during the past two weeks:
- 10. Retirement! It’s alive and well in the state of Florida!
- 9. US 41: Beautiful, scenic, well-paved, no semi’s and fast (60s) except in towns.
- 8. Hopping off (and onto) 41 from the interstate is easy for much of its length.
- 7. The Seminoles: intriguing and very important in south Florida.
- 6. Cafe Versailles on Calle Ocho in Miami:,cafe con leche! And take-out Cuban pastries!
- 5. Hotel Victor in South Beach rocks a great Venezuelan vocalist at night.
- 4. Graphics of the Americas: awesome (don’t want to get too graphic)
- 3. Miami Beach’s Art deco district: fun, different, like somewhere in Europe
- 2. Ft. Lauderdale: it’s all still there
- 1. Gotta go back!